Wednesday, November 11, 2009

holiday stitching







this collage is one of a tryptich i completed while on holiday in queensland.. i had many hours to ponder and stitch.. using found objects and bits my friend julie had around her house.. the gold curtain had little coins which i put into another collage..and it had been left in the elements so the fibres were seperating, which made it excellent to work with..pulling it apart and folding over to stitch.. the tape measure was from my stash, which i took with me in my little laptop art bag.. i am thinking of putting images in my etsy shop.. but not sure if they will be well received... would be my first item offered for sale..

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to spend a holiday in Qld - creating something beautiful! Well done :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i find your collages so inspiring. they are the perfect balance between frailty and strength.

    ReplyDelete